Moscow Rules & the Master of Disguise
June 19 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm$32 – $48
6:00 PM Reception
6:30 PM Program & Book Signing
Hotel Crescent Court
1. Assume nothing.
2. Never go against your gut.
3. Everyone is potentially under opposition control.
4. Do not look back; you are never completely alone.
5. Go with the flow, blend in.
6. Vary your pattern and stay within your cover.
7. Lull them into a sense of complacency.
8. Do not harass the opposition.
9. Pick the time and place for action.
10. Keep your options open.
Vice President Pence recently remarked, “The Russian Bear never dies, it just hibernates.” Learn the story of how the U.S. used these rules and other tactics to win the Cold War at our program “The Moscow Rules: The Secret CIA Tactics that Helped America Win the Cold War.”
Jonna Mendez worked in the CIA’s Office of Technical Service for 27 years, retiring as chief of disguise. Mendez also co-wrote Spy Dust and Argo with her late husband Antonio J. Mendez, who was also an undercover CIA officer for 25 years. She is a founding board member of the International Spy Museum and is currently a fine arts photographer, author, lecturer and consultant on intelligence matters.
This event is complimentary for high school students; feel free to bring you, children and grandchildren.
Sponsored by Cher & David Jacobs
Part of the Women in Intelligence Series
Location: Hotel Crescent Court
(400 Crescent Ct., Dallas, TX 75201)
Fees: $32 Members; $48 Non-Members
Calendar: Council Events